Saturday 24 January 2015

Go to your happy place


Today, whilst I was driving on my way to help out at my pole school’s open day, I was on the phone to my mama having a catch up and it got a little emotional and sad – not in a bad way but you just get into deeper stuff when you talk to your mum! Anyway I was a bit low when I walked into pole but then two hours later when I was driving back home; I was in a completely different mood. I felt so happy and content.

This is what pole fitness does for me. Exercise usually puts me in a good mood and makes me feel satisfied but after pole it is just a whole other level. I can’t really explain it but I feel awesome afterwards.

I remember the time before pole and feeling my life was a bit boring. I knew that a hobby might be the thing that was missing and then I found pole and I haven’t had that feeling since. I can’t get enough of it and no matter what type of lesson I have, whether it is successful or really challenging, it doesn't make a difference; I still look forward to when I get to go back and try again.

I have learnt that it’s all about the challenge. I go back each week because I am not the greatest and I can’t get all the moves first time. It isn't easy, it’s actually bloody tough! But that makes it all the more rewarding and special when you get those moves that you have been pushing for. It helps that you see girls in your class nail moves after trying to get them themselves. There is never any bitchiness or jealousy as everyone has their own aims and our job, as friends and fellow polers, is to encourage and celebrate when someone gets something they really want. I love that about Gemstone. We all want to see each other do well, we all feel great when we get a move and the other girls are so happy for us.

Even as I write this I can tell I am not expressing how I really feel well enough. But all I can say is that even in the shittest of times, pole makes me smile. When bad things happen you see what type of person you are and how you manage them. You can’t always be strong and can’t always put on a happy face but even at my hardest times pole got me into a better place. It never failed me and I guess, because I kept going, I never failed me.


I feel I owe a lot to the inanimate object that is the pole and the beautiful people I have met through it. Life kicks you in the balls but it’s important to find your happy place – pole, Gemstone, is my happy place.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment